Collins hails Blues squad
DANNY Collins has revealed that the quality within the Ipswich Town squad convinced him to sign for the Blues on loan.
The 31-year-old defender, who can play both centre-back and left-back, is adamant the Blues have a squad capable of challenging at the top of the Championship.
And he is more than ready to do his bit – starting with tomorrow’s match at Blackpool.
Collins said: “Having looked at the squad here, there are some really good players.
“There is a lot of ambition about the place and with the players here, you can see Ipswich being one of the clubs competing near the top of the table.”
You may also want to watch:
And Collins admitted team mates, past and present, helped sell the Blues to him.
He added: “There were a few other clubs interested but I know five or six of the lads here and spoke to them and they said what a great club it is. I also spoke to Jon Walters and he said ‘get down there, you’ll enjoy it’.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 5 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 6 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 7 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 8 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 9 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 10 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree
“I’ve played regularly over the last five or six years so when I wasn’t included in the side at the start of this season I had a word with the manager [Tony Pulis] and told him I’d rather go out and play somewhere than sit on the bench.
“He’s knows that I’m not the type of lad that is happy to sit around so when the opportunity to come here came around, I wanted to take it.
“Now I’m just looking forward to playing some games and helping Ipswich push on.”