Crystal Palace boss Dougie Freedman was the decisive factor says Joel Ward
JOEL Ward has revealed he chose Crystal Palace over Ipswich Town and Leeds United because of the positiveness and drive of Eagles boss Dougie Freedman.
Paul Jewell and Neil Warnock might have the edge on Freedman in terms of experience, but Town’s top target was persuaded to join the South London club after his dealings with the Palace manager.
After signing for �400,000 on a four-year deal, Ward told This is Local London: “I met Dougie on a couple of occasions and he is very positive and very driven about where he wants the club to go.
“He has got a vision for the club and he wants to take it forward and take it to the Premier League.
“He is big on personal development and making players the best they can be and as a player that is what you look for in a manager.
You may also want to watch:
“He is very infectious in his beliefs and where he wants to take the club and its players. With the way the manger wants to play, Palace is a club going places.
“I am really happy with how everything has gone and I am looking forward to starting a new chapter with Crystal Palace – it is exciting to see what it will bring.”
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 6 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 7 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 8 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 9 Woman dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 10 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub