Danny Higginbotham signs for Ipswich Town on a month’s loan
Ipswich v Charlton: Danny Higginbotham is poised to go straight into the Blues’ team for tomorrow’s clash with Charlton after agreeing a one-month switch to Portman Road.
The Stoke City defender, who can play either centre-back or left-back, is travelling to Suffolk tonight to complete the deal, which will be rushed through to ensure he is eligible for tomorrow’s squad.
And the smart money is on the 33-year-old taking the place of Tommy Smith after his horrendous own goal against Wolves on Wednesday night.
Blues boss Paul Jewell said: “We have been trying to add to our options at the back for a while and Danny has been on our radar through the summer.
“He will bring a wealth of experience to the squad and we’re obviously delighted to have him with us.”
You may also want to watch:
Higginbotham started at Manchester United before moving to Derby County, Southampton and Stoke, returning to the Potters after a one-season spell with Sunderland.
He spent three months of last season on loan at Nottingham Forest where he lined up alongside Luke Chambers.
- 1 Matchday Live: Four goals in a busy first half
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 5 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 6 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency