Daryl Murphy back in action for reserves
DARYL Murphy will this afternoon start his comeback trail in a behind-closed-doors training match against West Ham.
The striker has endured a disappointing, injury-hit spell during his second loan spell at Ipswich, but he will today look to impress Paul Jewell in a strong Town squad.
Nathan Ellington, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and Reece Wabara will all feature, alongside 15-year-old Byron Lawrence who is expected to start on the bench.
Lee Martin was due to play but is a late withdrawal after suffering what assistant boss Chris Hutchings this morning described as a “little knock”.
Meanwhile, AFC Bournemouth boss Lee Bradbury had revealed he is keen to keep Jaime Peters for a third month at Dean Court – a week after Jewell admitted the Canadian international needed to play more matches.
You may also want to watch:
Bradbury claimed Peters would be happy to stay at the League One club, adding: “Jaime has been versatile and done well in a couple of positions.”
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police