Delighted Ipswich Town fans and players take to Twitter after magnificent win over Newcastle
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Following this afternoon’s 3-1 win over Newcastle United, sports writer WILL RIDGARD takes a look at some of the reaction from Ipswich Town players and fans.
Ipswich Town players and fans took to social media after the Suffolk side’s magnificent 3-1 win over promotion-chasing Newcastle United this afternoon.
Alongside overjoyed supporters, Jordan Spence, Tom Lawrence, Myles Kenlock, and Grant Ward all celebrated the massive result on Twitter, alongside injured centre-back Adam Webster, who will look to make a return in pre-season.
After Freddie Sears opened the scoring for Ipswich, in the 42nd minute, his fourth goal in as many games, former Ipswich star Daryl Murphy grabbed Newcastle an equaliser in the 62nd minute.
But Ipswich stuck to their game plan, taking the game to The Magpies, and it was no surprise when Town retook the lead seven minutes later.
An excellent team move including Emyr Huws, Lawrence, Ward, and Sears saw David McGoldrick tap home at the far post. And the points were sealed in injury-time when on-loan midfielder Huws smashed home a superb volley, following sub Brett Pitman’s pinpoint cross, to leave Ipswich Town fans very happy indeed.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 5 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 6 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 7 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 8 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 9 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 10 North Stander: We are where we deserve to be... and the play-offs look a long way off