Disappointed Lincoln boss believes Ipswich Town have got Scott Loach at a ‘bargain’ price
LINCOLN City manager David Holdsworth believes Ipswich Town have signed Scott Loach for a ‘bargain’ fee, with the non-league side missing out on a significant cash windfall as a result.
The Blue Square Premier club will receive 15 per cent of the Watford goalkeeper’s move to Town as part of a sell-on clause which took him to the Hornets in 2006.
The Imps were hoping to bank a six-figure sum from the deal, with the former England Under-21 custodian having been linked with Tottenham not so long ago and tipped to move for at least �1m despite having a year left on his contract.
However, Blues boss Paul Jewell managed to land the boyhood Ipswich Town fan for just �150,000, with new Watford boss Gianfranco Zola keen to bring his own signings into the club.
With Lincoln now set to bank �20,000 as a result, Holdsworth told the Lincolcnshire Echo: “Ipswich have certainly got themselves a bargain, there is no doubt about that.
You may also want to watch:
“I think everybody at the football club was hoping Scott would move for a significant fee.
“I would have put Joe Anyon in that price bracket so it’s certainly a strange one.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 8 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
“But there is not much we can do about it.
“Whatever the club can give me would certainly be a help, but everyone knows our situation.
“Whatever I get I will be grateful.”