Watch: Dobra scores his first goal for Colchester
- Credit: PA
Ipswich Town loanee Armando Dobra scored his first goal for Colchester United last night.
The 20-year-old's one-on-one finish sealed the U's a 1-0 home win against West Ham U21s in the Papa John's Trophy.
“I haven't scored in a while and to get that first goal was a very proud moment for me,” he told the Colchester Gazette.
“I saw the keeper come out and I thought I'd just dink it over him, so I'm really happy. I hope I can get many more for the team.
“I want to show the gaffer what I can do in these games and play as well as I can to give him a problem for the league games."
Dobra is yet to start a League Two game since joining the Essex club at the end of August.
He was an unused substitute in a 3-2 win at Barrow, came on in the 66th minute of 1-0 home loss to Crawley and was introduced in the 86th minute of last weekend's 0-0 draw at Swindon.
Ipswich, who lost 2-1 to West Ham U21s at Portman Road, travel to Gillingham next Tuesday for their second Group A match.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 5 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 10 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
They'll then host Colchester - whose squad includes a glut of former Town players, including Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse - on Tuesday, November 9.
It's unlikely that Dobra will be able to line-up against his current employers under the terms of his loan.
Colchester host Salford City this Saturday.