Drury stars in Ipswich win over Colchester
ANDY Drury lit up Town’s latest reserve fixture by scoring and helping to set up two others as the Blues crushed Colchester at Ipswich’s Playford Road training ground.
Ipswich Town Res 4 Colchester United Res 0
ANDY Drury showed why Blues manager Paul Jewell took a gamble by bringing him out of non-league football at the age of 27 by having a hand in three of the four goals in Wednesday’s totesport.com Combination win at Town’s Playford Road training ground.
Drury, who made his senior debut in Tuesday’s 6-0 Championship win Doncaster Rovers, showed superb control and the eye for a long pass as Ipswich tore their neighbours apart in the opening period.
Tommy Smith scored in the seventh and 16th minutes from Drury passes and Drury netted himself in the 13th minute after a cross by Reggie Lambe.
You may also want to watch:
Conor Hourihane added a fourth goal in the 28th minute from Lambe’s through ball with Colchester having an even share of the second half after Drury, Smith and Darren O’Dea had been substituted.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 8 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 9 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 10 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead