Dyer feels amongst friends
KIERON Dyer admits that he “feels amongst friends” being back at his home town club of Ipswich Town.
KIERON Dyer admits that he “feels amongst friends,” being back at his home town club of Ipswich Town.
Dyer was facing the press for the first time this lunchtime, following his arrival on a one-month deal from West Ham on Friday and then 72 minutes of action in the 0-0 draw at Leeds on Saturday.
Dyer said: “I know most of the faces here and I know most of the faces at the training ground.
“So it was very easy to come back and fit straight in.
You may also want to watch:
“I feel very stiff after the weekend, because it was my first game in three months. I’d only been training a week prior to that, and mentally it was tough and draining, how it all came around so quickly.
“But I’ve got 70 minutes in the bank now and over the next few games I’ll start to get fitter and you will see the real me,” added Dyer.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 7 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 10 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
Town boss Jewell said of his new recruit Dyer, during today’s lunchtime press conference: “He’s a quality player, but I think it’s important that we don’t expect too much from him too soon, because he’s been out of regular first team football for a while.”