Elliott Hewitt raring to get going with Ipswich Town
THERE might be five weeks until the start of Ipswich Town’s official pre-season campaign.
But new signing Elliott Hewitt is already counting down the days after this afternoon completing his move to Portman Road.
The teenage right-back and Welsh Under-21 international has spoken of his delight following his switch from Macclesfield Town, who were last season relegated to non-league football.
Hewitt said: “To be joining such a big club is a great feeling and I can’t wait to get started.
“I picked up an injury at the back end of last season, so I will be looking to get through my rehab first of all, and then come back as strong as ever and raring to go for Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
“It was disappointing to finish with relegation at Macclesfield, but they’ve been great to me in all my time there and I can’t thank them enough. Everybody at the club is really friendly.
“I’m looking forward to this new challenge in my career. I’m delighted to have signed for Ipswich and this is a really progressive move for me.”
- 1 Matchday Live: Millwall ahead in feisty pre-season clash
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 8 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 9 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 10 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests