Ex Town forward Quaner joins St Mirren on short-term deal
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Former Ipswich Town forward Collin Quaner has signed a short-term deal with Scottish Premier League side St Mirren.
The 29-year-old German was at Portman Road on loan from Huddersfield for the second half of the Championship relegation campaign (2018/19), scoring four goals in 13 starts and three substitute appearances.
He was released by the Terriers at the end of last season and, following five months without a club, has joined St Mirren until the end of this season.
St Mirren manager Jim Goodwin said: "Collin is a striker who has played at a high level in Germany with Union Berlin. Huddersfield bought him from there and he played a number of games in the English Premier League.
"He comes with a real good pedigree and we’re really excited to see about what Collin can bring to the team.
"He’s six foot three, a really good athlete with a great turn of pace. He’s been training with Schalke for the last couple of months and he’s been looking after himself. We’re very lucky to get him."
Town's general manager of football operations, Lee O'Neill, revealed this week that the club is trying to add 'one or two' creative players to the squad during the January transfer window.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 8 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 9 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 10 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook