Five Ipswich Town debuts at Crawley Town, while Paul Taylor starts
Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy has made eight changes from the side that beat Fulham at the weekend, for tonight’s Capital One Cup clash at Crawley Town.
With several players injured or rested as a precaution, only Elliott Hewitt, Luke Chambers and Christophe Berra retain their places, with Tyrone Mings, Tommy Smith, Luke Hyam, Cole Skuse, Dean Gerken, Jay Tabb, David McGoldrick and Daryl Murphy missing out.
Five players, Bartosz Bialkowski, Matthew Clarke, Kevin Bru, Alex Henshall and Jack Marriott make their full Town debuts, while there is also a place in the side for transfer-listed Paul Taylor.
Among the subs are academy products Byron Lawrence and Teddy Bishop, while summer signings Ben Wyatt, Darren McQueen and Balint Bajner are also on the bench.
TEAM: Bialkowski, Hewitt, Chambers, Berra, Clarke, Bru, Wordsworth, Taylor, Henshall, Nouble, Marriott
SUBS: Gerken, Wyatt, Lawrence, Hyam, Bishop, McQueen, Bajner
Read Stuart Watson’s verdict in tomorrow’s EADT and Ipswich Star
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 4 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 9 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking