Five more signings could follow
This is just the start. That was the message from Ipswich Town manager Paul Jewell yesterday after he confirmed defender �var Ingimarsson as his second summer signing.
This is just the start.
That was the message from Ipswich Town manager Paul Jewell yesterday after he confirmed defender �var Ingimarsson as his second summer signing.
The experienced Liverpudlian revealed he still wants to add another striker to his ranks, despite the recent addition of Michael Chopra from Cardiff.
And when asked how many new faces he envisaged arriving at Portman Road altogether this summer, he said: “Maybe six or seven but that might change. If some go out it might be more, it could also be less.
You may also want to watch:
“We have made a bid for another striker and there’re two or three other things going on at the moment which, luckily, we’ve been able to keep quiet to a certain extent.
“Since we’ve finished it’s been non-stop really trying to get players in. I’ve got to be careful though and make sure we sign quality, not quantity.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
“It’s trying to get the mix right between experienced players that have been around the block and younger players who it might be new to.”