Forward Sears completes Colchester return
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Forward Freddie Sears has completed his return to Colchester United following his Ipswich Town release.
The 31-year-old left Ipswich Town this summer after more than six years at Portman Road, following his move from the U's for £150,000 in January 2014.
He's now returned to Colchester, signing a two-year deal to join former Ipswich team-mates Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse.
"It means more coming back, just raring to get going," Sears said. "Coming back to the stadium, going back to the training ground, and seeing everyone again makes it feel special and I'm raring to get going again.
"I can't wait to get back in with the boys and looking to the new season ahead."
Sears made 217 appearances for Ipswich, scoring 34 goals, having struck 36 goals in 109 appearances for the U's prior to his move to Town.
The U's are also understood to interested in signing former Ipswich players Emyr Huws and Alan Judge, while Dean Gerken, Tommy Smith and Tom Eastman are other former Ipswich players at the Essex club.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 Crews battle huge 15-acre fire in mid Suffolk village
- 3 Woman in her 80s dies after being pulled from the sea
- 4 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 5 Residents help firefighters tackle huge blaze near homes
- 6 Tributes paid to 'very nice couple' found dead at home
- 7 'Save water' Suffolk households urged as hosepipe bans imposed elsewhere
- 8 'Appalling thugs' - U's owner apologises after crowd trouble at Portman Road
- 9 Ex-Town striker joins League One rival
- 10 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
Colchester are also talking to former Ipswich striker Frank Nouble, who was on loan at the U's from Plymouth last season.