Forward Sears completes Colchester return
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Forward Freddie Sears has completed his return to Colchester United following his Ipswich Town release.
The 31-year-old left Ipswich Town this summer after more than six years at Portman Road, following his move from the U's for £150,000 in January 2014.
He's now returned to Colchester, signing a two-year deal to join former Ipswich team-mates Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse.
"It means more coming back, just raring to get going," Sears said. "Coming back to the stadium, going back to the training ground, and seeing everyone again makes it feel special and I'm raring to get going again.
"I can't wait to get back in with the boys and looking to the new season ahead."
Sears made 217 appearances for Ipswich, scoring 34 goals, having struck 36 goals in 109 appearances for the U's prior to his move to Town.
The U's are also understood to interested in signing former Ipswich players Emyr Huws and Alan Judge, while Dean Gerken, Tommy Smith and Tom Eastman are other former Ipswich players at the Essex club.
- 1 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 8 Crash between two motorbikes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 Ipswich closing in on Coulson loan signing
Colchester are also talking to former Ipswich striker Frank Nouble, who was on loan at the U's from Plymouth last season.