Fringe players may depart on loan
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell has revealed he would be willing to loan out more of his fringe players – despite rejecting a couple of offers this week.
The Blues boss Paul Jewell let midfielder Andy Drury join Football League new boys Crawley on loan last week, while youngster Jamie Griffiths is with Plymouth.
“I’ve spoken to a couple of lads who are on the fringe of it and said to them that if people come in for them, and it suits them and it suits us, we would consider it. I want them to be playing first team football.”
He added: “We’ve had a couple of clubs asking about one or two players that I’ve said no to.
“I’m not going to let everybody go but certain situations might change. I don’t think anyone’s going to come in or go out between now and Saturday.”
You may also want to watch:
– For all the latest Blues news, see tomorrow’s EADT and Evening Star.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door