“Gas and air... What a feeling!” – Anthony Wordsworth celebrates his full Ipswich Town debut in hospital
- Credit: Archant
IPSWICH Town midfielder Anthony Wordsworth is celebrating his first start for the club – which ended in a 1-0 win over Blackpool – in hospital tonight.
The 24-year-old took a nasty blow to his kidney area when colliding with keeper Matt Gilks in the 35th minute. His replacement, Michael Chopra, scored what proved to be the winner soon after the restart.
Posting the above picture on social networking website Twitter, the January signing from Colchester United wrote: “Celebrating the win an ambulance. Gas and air... What a feeling.”
Blues boss Mick McCarthy said: “I just saw him in the physio’s room and he’s having a great time on gas and air. It’s probably the best time he’s had without a drink I would think!
“He’s got a bang around the kidney area around the back. He’s obviously in pain but it doesn’t look that way at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
“He’ll be a really good player for us Woody. It’s shame if he’s out for a length of time.”
Daryl Murphy also took a late knock, with the Blues hosting Watford on Tuesday night.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 3 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 4 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 7 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 8 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
- 9 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper