Hull striker hopes cheap tickets can help overcome Ipswich Town
Hull v Ipswich: Sone Aluko believes a bigger-than-average crowd at the KC Stadium can play its part in silencing Paul Jewell’s new-look Ipswich.
The former Rangers winger believes Steve Bruce’s men can benefit from a ticket-promotion that should swell numbers as Hull look for their first home win in three after successive defeats to Peterborough and Blackpool.
Aluko said: “We’ve had a pretty good record at home this season, although the last two games didn’t quite match up to that.
“We’re really enjoying playing at home and it’s special when we win at the KC Stadium. I think the fans have enjoyed a lot of what they’ve seen at home this season and the style of football we’ve been playing.
“We’re all looking forward to getting back out in front of our home fans on Saturday against Ipswich.”
You may also want to watch:
Hull fans have already seen 19 goals in five league matches – including big wins over Bolton and Millwall – and the match will have added spice after Jewell signed five players in the last fortnight.
Saturday’s game is Hull’s first ‘Category C’ fixture of the season, meaning that ticket prices are lower than normal all around the ground.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 9 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
* Paul Jewell’s pre-match press conference will take place at around 12.15pm today. Check this website at lunch-time for all the latest team news for Town’s trip to Hull.