Hull striker hopes cheap tickets can help overcome Ipswich Town
Hull v Ipswich: Sone Aluko believes a bigger-than-average crowd at the KC Stadium can play its part in silencing Paul Jewell’s new-look Ipswich.
The former Rangers winger believes Steve Bruce’s men can benefit from a ticket-promotion that should swell numbers as Hull look for their first home win in three after successive defeats to Peterborough and Blackpool.
Aluko said: “We’ve had a pretty good record at home this season, although the last two games didn’t quite match up to that.
“We’re really enjoying playing at home and it’s special when we win at the KC Stadium. I think the fans have enjoyed a lot of what they’ve seen at home this season and the style of football we’ve been playing.
“We’re all looking forward to getting back out in front of our home fans on Saturday against Ipswich.”
Hull fans have already seen 19 goals in five league matches – including big wins over Bolton and Millwall – and the match will have added spice after Jewell signed five players in the last fortnight.
Saturday’s game is Hull’s first ‘Category C’ fixture of the season, meaning that ticket prices are lower than normal all around the ground.
- 1 Field fire breaks out in 27 acres of land in east Suffolk
- 2 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
- 3 Ranking all 92 home shirts from the top four divisions
- 4 Car on fire causes A12 northbound to close
- 5 Firefighters tackle 40-acre field fire near Ipswich
- 6 Fire breaks out near Suffolk caravan park
- 7 One of the world's largest container ships anchors off coast
- 8 Driver arrested after being four times over the limit following crash
- 9 Drone pictures reveal scale of huge field fire caused by combine harvester
- 10 Huge fire breaks out in field near Ipswich
* Paul Jewell’s pre-match press conference will take place at around 12.15pm today. Check this website at lunch-time for all the latest team news for Town’s trip to Hull.