‘I have no interest in Ipswich job’... Posh boss Darren Ferguson ends any speculation over Town post
PETERBOROUGH boss Darren Ferguson has spoken of his sympathy for departing Blues boss Paul Jewell – while ending any speculation linking him as a possible replacement.
Jewell exited Portman Road on Wednesday, less than 24 hours after Peterborough’s 3-1 win over Huddersfield leap-frogged them over Town at the foot of the Championship.
Ferguson, who might have had some supporters for the Ipswich vacancy but was far from a strong contender, was quizzed about the Blues situation at his pre-match press conference today.
He said: “I have no interest in the Ipswich job.
“It’s a great club obviously, but I am very happy where I am as everyone is committed to a project that I believe in completely. I was coming to work with a smile on my face even when we were losing every game.”
You may also want to watch:
Of Jewell, Ferguson added: “Paul Jewell is a good man and a good manager, but sometimes you go to a club and it just doesn’t work out for you. Something similar happened with me at Preston.
“I’ve been on a few courses with Paul and we get on well. We are regularly in touch.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 6 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
“He rang me a few weeks ago before we had even won a game to see how I was which was a good gesture. I texted him before Ipswich played at Hull recently to wish him luck so it was very sad to see a good man lose his job.
“He will be back though as he still has a lot to offer.”