‘I was always going to sign,’ says Josh Carson
Ipswich Town winger Josh Carson has signed a new two-year contract at the club
The EADT revealed on Wednesday that the 18-year-old was close to finalising terms and he has today put pen-to-paper to end any speculation about his future.
Upon signing his new two-year deal – with clauses opening up the possibility of a third year – Carson tweeted: “Signed, sealed, delivered! Buzzing!”
The Northern Ireland international was due to be out of contract this summer. He was offered a new deal just days after an impressive performance in Town’s 2-2 home draw with Blackpool last month, however, he has been out of the squad completely for the last five games.
“Obviously I’m delighted that it’s done and dusted now and I’ve signed here for the next two years,” Carson told the club’s official website.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve not got involved in the negotiations, I’ve left that to my agent, but there was never any doubt that I’d be staying here.
“I’m still only 18 and over the next two years I want to build on what I have done so far and get myself in the first-team week in, week out.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 8 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
“That’s my immediate target, to play as much first-team football as I can at Ipswich Town. I’ve come up through the ranks here and I really want to help the club push on.”