‘I was always going to sign,’ says Josh Carson
Ipswich Town winger Josh Carson has signed a new two-year contract at the club
The EADT revealed on Wednesday that the 18-year-old was close to finalising terms and he has today put pen-to-paper to end any speculation about his future.
Upon signing his new two-year deal – with clauses opening up the possibility of a third year – Carson tweeted: “Signed, sealed, delivered! Buzzing!”
The Northern Ireland international was due to be out of contract this summer. He was offered a new deal just days after an impressive performance in Town’s 2-2 home draw with Blackpool last month, however, he has been out of the squad completely for the last five games.
“Obviously I’m delighted that it’s done and dusted now and I’ve signed here for the next two years,” Carson told the club’s official website.
“I’ve not got involved in the negotiations, I’ve left that to my agent, but there was never any doubt that I’d be staying here.
“I’m still only 18 and over the next two years I want to build on what I have done so far and get myself in the first-team week in, week out.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 3 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 4 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 5 Army carries out controlled explosion of dummy tank shell in west Suffolk
- 6 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after death of child
- 7 Chasing a treble, style shift and potential debut - Burton v Ipswich talking points
- 8 Suffolk councillor can stay in role despite bribery sentence
- 9 Man dies following two-vehicle crash in west Suffolk town
- 10 Woman in 70s dies in hospital after serious crash in east Suffolk
“That’s my immediate target, to play as much first-team football as I can at Ipswich Town. I’ve come up through the ranks here and I really want to help the club push on.”