Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- Credit: PA
Ipswich Town have been linked with an 'ambitious move' for Birmingham City striker Sam Cosgrove.
According to The Sun on Sunday, Town are keen on signing 6ft 2in Cosgrove on loan, just a few months after he joined Birmingham in a £2million move from Aberdeen.
He scored 31 goals in 64 league starts for the Scottish club, which eventually convinced Birmingham to spend a significant fee on him in January. However, he managed to start just two Championship games and failed to score.
According to the report, Birmingham manager Lee Bowyer is now willing to allow him to leave on loan, with Ipswich's move described as being 'ambitious'. The report also says the Blues may look to gauge Championship interest before ultimately making a move.
Cosgrove, 24, began his career in the Everton youth system before moving on to Wigan, but spent the vast majority of his time at the DW Stadium before being released after just one season. He was allowed to leave the same summer current Town boss Paul Cook was appointed.
His next stop was Carlisle, where the Englishman featured briefly before moving on to Aberdeen and kick-starting his career.
- 1 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 2 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 3 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 4 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 7 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 8 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 9 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 10 Hadleigh dad fights to reverse diabetes diagnosis