Town first-team set for non-league friendly in pre-season
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town are set to visit local non-league side Bury Town in pre-season.
The Bury St Edmunds club have announced a game against the Blues' first-team on Tuesday, July 13 at their Ram Meadow home.
That game will come just a few days after a Town Under 23 side, led by Kieron Dyer, visit on July 10 - the same day Ipswich begin their own pre-season programme away at Dartford.
Bury currently play in the Isthmian League North, the eighth tier of English football.
Also in the diary for the Blues are a behind-closed-doors game at Stevenage on July 20, two games at Colchester on July 27 and a home clash with Millwall on July 31.
The Blues are due to report back for pre-season training on Saturday, June 26 for two weeks of work at the club's training ground, ahead of the match schedule beginning at Dartford.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 Another former Town player completes Colchester move