Klug takes caretaker charge of Ipswich Town after McCarthy’s departure
Ipswich Town will be led by Bryan Klug for the final four games of the 2017/18 season following the departure of Mick McCarthy.
McCarthy quit as Ipswich manager following last night’s 1-0 victory over Barnsley at Portman Road, having previously been due to depart at the end of the campaign.
He leaves a side 12th in the Championship, with Klug taking over for the four remaining games, starting against Nottingham Forest on Saturday.
Klug is currently the club’s head of academy coaching and has held various roles at Portman Road during a long association, including as assistant to Jim Magilton between 2006 and 2008.
After a spell at Tottenham’s academy, he returned to Blues in the summer of 2012 and will now take command of the first-team for Saturday’s visit to Nottingham Forest.
You may also want to watch:
Following the game at the City Ground, Town host Aston Villa, travel to Reading and then finish their season at home to Middlesbrough.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 6 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case