Ipswich Town announce four-year kit deal with adidas
Ipswich Town have announced a four-year kit deal with sportswear giant adidas.
The agreement sees Town – whose kit is currently produced by Mitre – working with adidas for the first time in 25 years, with the famous three stripes emblazoned on a Blues shirt during a glorious 12-year period which included the 1978 FA Cup and 1981 UEFA Cup triumphs.
“We are delighted to be working again with adidas, one of the biggest names in sport,” said Town’s joint managing director, Ian Milne.
“They have a proven track record in producing quality sportswear and, having spoken to Mick McCarthy and the players, I know how much they are looking forward to seeing next season’s new kit.”
Fellow Town MD, Jonathan Symonds, added: “Seeing our players wearing the three stripes again will no doubt rekindle memories of some great times in the past at Ipswich Town. Let’s hope there will be some great times ahead as well. That is what we are all striving for.”
Town’s director of retail operations, Lee Hyde, said: “We have been working on the new kits for the 2014/15 season with adidas for some time. I know that the fans will love what we have arriving very soon. The product quality is of the very highest standard. It is fantastic news to have adidas on board for the next four seasons. “We’ll be confirming the pre-order and launch dates soon for both replica kits and the new training wear package.”
Adidas’ Steve Holland said: “We are delighted to agree this partnership with Ipswich Town Football Club. They have a rich heritage with the adidas brand and, having been part of iconic moments in the club’s past history, we are looking forward to more successes in the coming four seasons.”
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 3 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 4 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 5 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
- 6 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 7 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 8 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 9 Two Suffolk salons reach UK's top hair awards
- 10 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
The partnership with adidas (UK) Ltd will also see the club’s Planet Blue store receive a makeover at the start of the four-year supply contract.