Ipswich Town are one of the ‘ugliest teams in the Championship’ - Nuhiu
Sheffield Wednesday striker Atdhe Nuhiu has described Ipswich Town as one of the ‘ugliest teams to play against’ in the Championship.
The 6ft 6inch Austrian striker, who has scored five times in 43 appearances this season, told the Sheffield Star he is expecting a tough game against a side he says are ‘direct and physical’.
“I have played Ipswich a few times in the last three years,” he said.
“They are one of the most direct and physical teams in the league.
“They are probably one of the ugliest teams to play against. Their style will never change. They have their one way to play.
“Everybody knows Ipswich are a tough team to beat and are always 100 per cent in challenges.
You may also want to watch:
“They work hard and have earned the respect from other teams.”
Despite knowing his side will face a physical encounter, the striker is confident of victory in a game Ipswich need to win if they are to have any hope of making the play-offs.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 5 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
He said: “You have to battle against them, but I think we have got the players to get stuck in. If we win our challenges, I think football wise we can damage them. That’s what we have done all season.
“If we win our battles, everybody knows we have a lot of quality in the final third which can make a difference.”