Ipswich Town are one of the ‘ugliest teams in the Championship’ - Nuhiu
Sheffield Wednesday striker Atdhe Nuhiu has described Ipswich Town as one of the ‘ugliest teams to play against’ in the Championship.
The 6ft 6inch Austrian striker, who has scored five times in 43 appearances this season, told the Sheffield Star he is expecting a tough game against a side he says are ‘direct and physical’.
“I have played Ipswich a few times in the last three years,” he said.
“They are one of the most direct and physical teams in the league.
“They are probably one of the ugliest teams to play against. Their style will never change. They have their one way to play.
“Everybody knows Ipswich are a tough team to beat and are always 100 per cent in challenges.
“They work hard and have earned the respect from other teams.”
Despite knowing his side will face a physical encounter, the striker is confident of victory in a game Ipswich need to win if they are to have any hope of making the play-offs.
- 1 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 2 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 3 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 4 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 5 The night Town beat Real Madrid - and why they're still part of elite club
- 6 Driver being taken to hospital after car ends up on roof in field
- 7 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 8 When will bins be emptied during the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend?
- 9 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 10 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
He said: “You have to battle against them, but I think we have got the players to get stuck in. If we win our challenges, I think football wise we can damage them. That’s what we have done all season.
“If we win our battles, everybody knows we have a lot of quality in the final third which can make a difference.”