‘There are offers in... we’ve got to see which ones fall first’ - Town boss on recruitment drive
Ipswich Town boss Paul Hurst insists the club are doing all they can to bring in new recruits before the start of the season.
Hurst has so far brought in Trevoh Chalobah, Gwion Edwards and Jordan Roberts but admitted it is plain to see further reinforcements are required.
Central defence remains an area of concern, given Luke Chambers the only senior specialist central defender available, with Blackpool defender Curtis Tilt believed to remain a serious target.
Hurst says offers have been made for players and is hopeful of a busy two weeks between now and the opening day of the season.
“I don’t think I have to send that message out because I think the fans can see that,” Hurst said.
“Nothing’s changed really because, realistically, the players need some help and some competition.
“I think it will give everyone a boost if we could get some more players through the door.
- 1 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 3 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 4 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 5 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 6 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 7 'New-look' Aldi store set to reopen in Sudbury, creating additional jobs
- 8 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 9 Man left with head injury after attack in seaside town
- 10 Man allegedly four times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
“It does feel the market has been pretty slow. I’m not sure if it’s because of the World Cup or what but we are working hard and there are offers out there. We’ve got to see which ones fall first and take it from there,” the Town boss added in a club interview.
The Blues have failed with two bids for Blackpool defender Tilt, who Hurst first tried to sign at Shrewsbury, but are expected return with another between now and the closure of the transfer window.
Another player linked with the Blues is Bristol Rovers striker Ellis Harrison, with Gas boss Darrell Clarke unwilling to comment after the Welshman missed his side’s friendly clash with Forest Green today.