Ipswich skipper Chambers’ season could be over after Brentford injury
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town captain Luke Chambers could miss the rest of the season after cracking a rib in the loss at Brentford.
The Blues skipper collided with on-rushing goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski as the pair looked to deal with a Brentford ball in behind, with Chambers helped from the field by the club’s medical staff after receiving treatment on the pitch.
Manager Mick McCarthy revealed post-match that his skipper could miss the rest of the season due to the injury.
MORE: Stu says: Six observations following Ipswich Town’s 1-0 loss at Brentford
“He’s cracked a rib, so no doubt he’ll be in tomorrow telling me he wants to play (against Barnsley on Tuesday) but I doubt he will,” McCarthy added.
You may also want to watch:
The Ipswich skipper missed games earlier in the season after picking up an ankle ligament problem at Millwall and, if his season is indeed over, he will have made 37 Championship appearances during the campaign.
In total he has played 263 of a possible 271 games since arriving at Portman Road in 2012.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week