Ipswich Town closing in on loan move for West Ham keeper Stephen Henderson while Guirane N’Daw’s future is in doubt
PAUL Jewell is close to making his EIGHTH loan signing after targeting West Ham keeper Stephen Henderson.
The 24-year-old has found chances hard to come by at Upton Park and is now set to be allowed out on loan by Hammers boss Sam Allardyce.
Ironically, Henderson almost became a permanent Ipswich player last season after Jewell looked to make a triple signing of Joel Ward, Jason Pearce and the keeper, all from Portsmouth.
A deal for Henderson was agreed on the final day of the January transfer window, but it was reportedly made too late to discuss personal terms.
In March, the stopper signed for West Ham on loan before moving to the newly-promoted Premier League side in the summer for an undisclosed fee.
The club have not yet confirmed the loan signing, although it is understood it could be agreed as early as today.
Henderson would then be in competition with Scott Loach and Arran Lee-Barrett for a starting spot against Hull City on Saturday.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 Crews battle huge 15-acre fire in mid Suffolk village
- 3 Woman in her 80s dies after being pulled from the sea
- 4 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 5 Tributes paid to 'very nice couple' found dead at home
- 6 Residents help firefighters tackle huge blaze near homes
- 7 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
- 8 'Save water' Suffolk households urged as hosepipe bans imposed elsewhere
- 9 Coastguard and police called to incident at Essex beach
- 10 'Appalling thugs' - U's owner apologises after crowd trouble at Portman Road
His signing would take the total of loanees at Portman Road to eight – Henderson, Danny Higginbotham, Massimo Luongo, Guirane N’Daw, Richie Wellens, Bilel Mohsni, Daryl Murphy and DJ Campbell.
Of that total, N’Daw and Murphy count as overseas loanees so could be picked in the 18-man matchday squad along with five of the remaining six temporary players.
We understand that number could soon be reduced to seven with N’Daw set to be released from his season-long loan from French side St Etienne.