Ipswich Town complete signing of Manchester City’s Kosovo international Bersant Celina
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Ipswich Town have completed the season-long loan signing of Manchester City winger, Bersant Celina.
The 20-year-old Kosovo international spent last season playing in the Dutch top flight with FC Twente, scoring five goals in 27 games.
Born in the former Yugoslavia, Celina joined City in 2014 and has so far made one appearance for the Premier League giants, having previously spent time with Stromsgodset, in Norway.
The winger will link up with Town on their pre-season tour of Ireland and could make his first appearance in a Blues shirt when Mick McCarthy’s men take on Drogheda United on Saturday.
Capped six times by his country, Celina scored his one and only international goal against Albania, in a 2-2 friendly draw in November 2015.
You may also want to watch:
Celina is Town’s fifth signing of the summer, following Jordan Spence, Joe Garner, Emyr Huws and Tom Adeyemi.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 6 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 7 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 8 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 10 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast