Ipswich Town fans agree with Mick McCarthy as Steven Taylor leaves Portman Road
- Credit: �INPHO/Ryan Byrne
Ipswich Town fans seem to agree with Mick McCarthy’s decision not to offer former Newcastle United centre-half Steven Taylor a new deal.
In a poll on this website, more than two-thirds (68%) of more than 300 polled, agreed with the Town manager’s decision when asked, “Are Town right not to offer Steven Taylor a deal?”
Former Newcastle United centre-back Taylor, 31, joined the Blues on a short-term deal in January but hamstring injuries restricted him to just three outings in a blue shirt.
Taylor was part of the week-long training camp in Ireland and played in the recent friendlies against Drogheda and Southend, but the arrival of Dominic Iorfa on a season-long loan from Wolves means there is no longer a place available for him.
“We have brought in Jordan Spence and Dominic Iorfa in recent weeks to add to what we already have at the back,” McCarthy told the club website.
You may also want to watch:
“Steven’s a great pro and he will do a good job for someone. We wish him well.”
Town travel to Peterborough United’s London Road this evening in a pre-seson friendly.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 7 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
There will be two separate matches lasting 60 minutes each – the first of which kicks off at 7pm.
The format was suggested by the hosts.