Hurst right to let McGoldrick leave Town – fans
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
New Ipswich Town boss Paul Hurst was right to let striker David McGoldrick leave the club, according to Blues’ fans.
Town’s new boss revealed during the first day of pre-season training yesterday that the mercurial front man, who was out of contract, would not be returning to Portman Road.
On his day, the 30-year-old was one of the best players in the league, but he’s been blighted by injury problems in recent seasons.
He joined the Blues in January 2013, initially on loan from Nottingham Forest, before signing permanently that summer.
All told, he made 159 appearances for the Blues, netting 45 goals.
You may also want to watch:
And Town fans seem to agree with Hurst’s decision – 87% of more than 780 voters in a poll on this website yesterday said it was the right move to make.
Many others took to social media to express gratitude to McGoldrick for his service, but back the decision to allow him to move on.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 7 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- What do you think?