Hurst right to let McGoldrick leave Town – fans
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
New Ipswich Town boss Paul Hurst was right to let striker David McGoldrick leave the club, according to Blues’ fans.
Town’s new boss revealed during the first day of pre-season training yesterday that the mercurial front man, who was out of contract, would not be returning to Portman Road.
On his day, the 30-year-old was one of the best players in the league, but he’s been blighted by injury problems in recent seasons.
He joined the Blues in January 2013, initially on loan from Nottingham Forest, before signing permanently that summer.
All told, he made 159 appearances for the Blues, netting 45 goals.
You may also want to watch:
And Town fans seem to agree with Hurst’s decision – 87% of more than 780 voters in a poll on this website yesterday said it was the right move to make.
Many others took to social media to express gratitude to McGoldrick for his service, but back the decision to allow him to move on.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- What do you think?