Ipswich Town head to table-topping Southampton ‘full of confidence’, says Paul Jewell
IPSWICH Town boss Paul Jewell has no injury worries ahead of tomorrow’s trip to Championship leaders Southampton.
Only midfielder Jimmy Bullard, who is suspended from the club for a fortnight, will be unavailable for what is the first time the Blues boss has taken a team to St Mary’s.
The Saints beat Town 5-2 at Portman Road last August, with Jewell admitting that Nigel Adkins’s men – who have lost just two games at home in the league and kept four clean sheets in the last five – will prove stiff opposition.
“We’re just taking each and every game on its merits,” said Jewell. “We know Southampton will be very difficult, they’re probably the best team we’ve come across so far this season.
“But we can go there with confidence, knowing that we’re on a good run ourselves.”
You may also want to watch:
– See tomorrow’s EADT and Ipswich Star for all the latest Blues news.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival