Ipswich Town host Tottenham tonight in annual ‘Academy Showcase’ match
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
Ipswich Town will host Tottenham in their annual Under-15s ‘Academy Showcase’ game at Portman Road this evening (7pm ko).
“Playing on the main pitch is always a fantastic opportunity for any young player at a club and for most, if not all of our boys, it will be the first time they have played at Portman Road,” said Blues academy director Bryan Klug.
“The dressing-rooms, coming out of the tunnel, playing in front of a crowd; it’s all great experience for them and gives them a taste of what it’s like to be a first-team player.
“We have held academy showcase games here over the last six or seven years against the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham and it’s great experience for our boys to come up against the big clubs.
“Academy football is all about player development and the game against Spurs is part of that development but most importantly, the boys need to go out and enjoy the experience.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are priced at £5 adults and £3 concessions/children with proceeds going to ITFC Academy and Noak’s Ark Children’s Hospice.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit