First East Anglian derby of the season as Ipswich Town Ladies travel to Norwich City
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town Ladies face old rivals Norwich City tonight in the first East Anglian derby of the season.
The Blues take on the Canaries at Norwich United FC, with the game kicking off at 7.45pm.
And Ipswich manager Ralph Pruden said there is always an air of excitement going into a derby game.
He added: “It’s a big one for us as a team and a club because we know it sparks a lot of interest amongst the fans who follow us regularly and obviously from Ipswich fans as a whole so this is big game for us!”
Pruden is expecting a tough test from the cross-border rivals.
You may also want to watch:
He explained: “You know the drill, regardless of league form the derby is always going to be difficult, in my opinion Norwich have strengthened from last year, and they haven’t had the results they wanted so far this season.”
Last season Town drew 1-1 away to Norwich with Hollie Clement scoring for the Blues, before Town beat their old foes 5-1 at home, thanks to a brace from Roxanne Small and goals from Sophie Welton, Natasha Thomas and Joyce Mlambo.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 9 Missing person from Braintree has been found
- 10 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
Town currently sit sixth in the FA Women’s Premier League South East Divison One, while Norwich sit 10th in the league of 12, following a 7-2 thrashing by Actonians Ladies last time out.