Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- Credit: PA
Ipswich Town are leading the chase to sign out-of-contract Luton Town captain Sonny Bradley, we understand.
The 6ft 5in centre-back, 29, has been a key player for the Hatters over the last three seasons, helping them to the League One title and then subsequent Championship finishes of 19th and 12th.
Bradley, a left-footer, started out at home town club Hull before going on to have spells at Portsmouth, Crawley and Plymouth.
To convince him to drop down a level will be a coup for the Blues given Championship clubs, including Preston, have shown interest.
Ipswich’s new US ownership group have said that manager Paul Cook will be backed by ‘significant’ funds this summer as he looks to completely rebuild a squad that has just limped to a ninth-place finish in League One.
Long-serving captain Luke Chambers was among eight players released last week, along with fellow centre-back and supporters’ player of the year James Wilson.
Luke Woolfenden and Toto Nsiala remain under contract, but it’s understood that both have been told they are available for transfer.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car