Town to learn League One schedule this morning
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town will know their League One schedule later this morning.
The third tier fixtures will be released at 9am, at which point the Blues will know who they will face when the campaign gets underway on Saturday, September 12.
Paul Lambert’s side will begin their season the previous weekend, when they host Bristol Rovers in the first round of the Carabao Cup on September 5.
The following Tuesday will see Ipswich begin their EFL Trophy campaign, when they face either Arsenal U21s, Crawley or Gillingham.
MORE: Early promise, in from the cold, new beginnings and round pegs in round holes - talking points from Colchester winsThe new season will begin with teams playing behind-closed-doors until at least the beginning of October, at which point it may be possible for limited numbers of spectators to return to grounds. Ipswich are currently working on details regarding the return of fans, which will mean supporters being spaced out around the stadium. The hope is for all of Town’s 8,500 season ticket holders to be able to return, though many will not be in their usual seats, but that may not be possible.
Ipswich played their first game in five months on Tuesday night, when they beat Colchester twice, and continue their pre-season schedule on Saturday when they visit Tottenham Hotspur.
You may also want to watch:
West Ham visit on Tuesday, before another game, against an as-yet unnamed EFL opponent, on August 29.
- 1 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 4 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 7 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 10 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'