Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues make ‘firm enquiry’ about Forest winger McKay
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Ipswich Town have made a ‘firm enquiry’ about Nottingham Forest winger Barrie McKay, according to Sky Sports.
The skilful Scot only moved to the City Ground last summer, becoming reunited with his former Rangers boss Mark Warburton, but could now be surplus to requirements given new manager Aitor Karanka has brought in Portuguese wingers Diogo Goncalves and Gil Bastiao Dias on loan from Benfica and Monaco respectively this summer.
McKay, 23, racked up more than 100 appearances for Rangers and has been capped once by Scotland. He reportedly cost Forest £500k and still has three years left on his contract.
He scored five goals and produced seven assists in the Championship last season before falling out of favour under Karanka during the second half of the campaign.
Blues duo Martyn Waghorn and Joe Garner were both his team-mates at Ibrox.
You may also want to watch:
New Town boss Paul Hurst has made it clear he wants to add wingers to an ‘imbalanced’ squad, with Jordan Roberts having completed a Bosman free transfer switch to Portman Road from League Two side Crawley Town earlier today.
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge