Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues battling for £600k-rated left back - reports
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Ipswich Town are said to be fighting with Hull and West Brom for Scunthorpe left-back Conor Townsend, according to reports.
MailOnline have linked the Blues with the £600,000-rated defender, who previously played under Ipswich manager Paul Hurst during his time in charge of Grimsby Town.
Scunthorpe have already rejected a £250,000 bid for the defender from Hull, who let him leave for free two years ago, while West Brom are also said to be keen.
Hurst had Townsend on loan at Grimsby in 2015, where he played nine games and scored once, with Scunthorpe said to want £600,000 for his services.
Scunthorpe manager Nick Daws told BBC Humberside: ‘We have had some interest for clubs but if there has been any bid, the club have not accepted it and at the moment that’s where it stands.
‘Conor has been excellent and his application and attitude to training and game time has been superb.
‘If there is interest from above, matched with a bid or offer that matches or exceeds our expectations then it becomes a challenge.
‘That is something myself and other managers are having to deal with. Conor is contracted to us, is performing well, looks fit and sharp and is enjoying his football.
- 1 No confirmed cases of monkeypox in Suffolk as cases across England rise
- 2 Festival of Wheels returning to Trinity Park this August
- 3 Nature group harnesses farm mapping tech to create 'wild edges'
- 4 Family's support for 'mum-in-a-million' after double amputation for sepsis
- 5 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 6 Burns called up for Wales ahead of busy summer schedule
- 7 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 8 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 9 F1 star jumps out of plane over Suffolk town
- 10 Man who punched ex-partner in face appeared 'unusually angry'
‘We hope Conor is here not only for this season but beyond that,’
Ipswich left-back Jonas Knudsen is due to return to the squad tomorrow following his break after the World Cup, with Myles Kenlock playing the vast majority of minutes on the left side of Hurst’s defence during pre-season.
Speaking after Saturday’s pre-season win at Barnet, Hurst admitted he ‘has offers in for players’ as he looks to add to his squad.