Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues among a number of clubs chasing David Cotterill
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ipswich Town are among a host of clubs chasing the signature of free agent winger David Cotterill, it has been reported.
Town are currently battling a midfield injury crisis, with the likes of Emyr Huws, Tom Adeyemi, Teddy Bishop, Andre Dozzell and Flynn Downes all on the shelf.
Cotterill, 30, would certainly bring experience to the Blues, having made over 400 appearances in his career for the likes of Swansea City and Sheffield United, and won 24 caps for Wales.
He’s currently a free agent, having left Birmingham last month.
And his services are in high demand – along with Town, Scottish giants Rangers and Championship rivals Derby County, Nottingham Forest, Reading and QPR are all apparently weighing up moves for him.
You may also want to watch:
With such high interest, the concern for Town would be wages – with Cotterill likely to be able to use interest from other clubs to push his wage demands higher, and possibly out of the Blues’ limited budget.
- What do you think? Would Cotterill be a good signing?
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 4 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 10 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town