Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues among a number of clubs chasing David Cotterill
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ipswich Town are among a host of clubs chasing the signature of free agent winger David Cotterill, it has been reported.
Town are currently battling a midfield injury crisis, with the likes of Emyr Huws, Tom Adeyemi, Teddy Bishop, Andre Dozzell and Flynn Downes all on the shelf.
Cotterill, 30, would certainly bring experience to the Blues, having made over 400 appearances in his career for the likes of Swansea City and Sheffield United, and won 24 caps for Wales.
He’s currently a free agent, having left Birmingham last month.
And his services are in high demand – along with Town, Scottish giants Rangers and Championship rivals Derby County, Nottingham Forest, Reading and QPR are all apparently weighing up moves for him.
You may also want to watch:
With such high interest, the concern for Town would be wages – with Cotterill likely to be able to use interest from other clubs to push his wage demands higher, and possibly out of the Blues’ limited budget.
- What do you think? Would Cotterill be a good signing?
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 3 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 4 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 8 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?