Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with Livingston goalkeeper Kelly... with Celtic and Hamburg also interested
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Ipswich Town have been linked with a move for Livingston goalkeeper Liam Kelly.
Kelly, 23, is said to have a clause in his contract which will allow him to depart the Scottish Premiership club for just £50,000 this summer, prompting interest from a number of clubs.
The Scottish Sun are reporting that Ipswich are one of a number of clubs interested in the goalkeeper, along with Wigan, Barnsley and Reading.
The report also states that German club Hamburg, battling to return to the German top flight, are also interested while Celtic are also monitoring the situation regarding the former Rangers youngsters. However, they don’t believe he will be willing to be an understudy at Parkhead.
Kelly never played for the first-team with boyhood club Rangers and spent time out on loan with both East Fife and Livingston before ultimately joining The Lions full-time last summer.
He’s won caps at youth level for Scotland, all the way up to the Under 21s.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich have decisions to make in the goalkeeping department this summer, most pressingly regarding Dean Gerken given the stopper’s contract is up at the end of this season.
It looks unlikely the Blues will be taking the option they hold to extend the former Colchester and Bristol City man’s contract, while it remains to be seen whether Bartosz Bialkowski will remain with the club following relegation to League One.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 4 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 8 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 9 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
- 10 Four miles of queues after A12 collision