Ipswich Town midfielder to sign for Rotherham United, on-loan, tomorrow
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Ipswich Town midfielder Luke Hyam will sign a loan deal with Championship strugglers Rotherham United, before tomorrow’s 5pm deadline, we understand.
The combative 24-year-old central midfielder has not kicked a ball in anger for the Blues since last season’s 1-0 FA Cup home defeat to Southampton, when he picked up a knee injury.
The former Northgate High School pupil returned in pre-season but suffered a setback in his rehabilitation and underwent an operation to cure the problem.
Hyam made his comeback for the under-21s against QPR last week but Town manager Mick McCarthy is keen for the long-serving midfielder to get game time elsewhere to regain match sharpness.
The Millers are second from bottom in the Championship, having lost six of their last eight games, including a 5-2 home defeat against Ipswich almost three weeks ago.
Hyam, who has made 111 appearances for the Blues, scoring three goals, would add tenacity and energy to Neil Redfearn’s midfield and will reunited with former Town players Danny Collins, Paul Green and Frazer Richardson at the New York Stadium.
Rotherham host Bristol City in the league on Saturday, while Town kick-off at 12.30pm in their televised clash at The Valley, against Charlton Athletic.
- 1 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 2 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 3 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 4 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 5 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 6 Lorry carrying mobile unit pulled over on A14 for being too wide
- 7 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
- 8 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 9 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 10 McKenna will make late calls in two positions ahead of Wednesday trip
Town youngsters Josh Emmanuel and Myles Kenlock have also been linked with temporary moves away from Portman Road, to gain first-team experience.