Ipswich Town midfielder to sign for Rotherham United, on-loan, tomorrow
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Ipswich Town midfielder Luke Hyam will sign a loan deal with Championship strugglers Rotherham United, before tomorrow’s 5pm deadline, we understand.
The combative 24-year-old central midfielder has not kicked a ball in anger for the Blues since last season’s 1-0 FA Cup home defeat to Southampton, when he picked up a knee injury.
The former Northgate High School pupil returned in pre-season but suffered a setback in his rehabilitation and underwent an operation to cure the problem.
Hyam made his comeback for the under-21s against QPR last week but Town manager Mick McCarthy is keen for the long-serving midfielder to get game time elsewhere to regain match sharpness.
The Millers are second from bottom in the Championship, having lost six of their last eight games, including a 5-2 home defeat against Ipswich almost three weeks ago.
You may also want to watch:
Hyam, who has made 111 appearances for the Blues, scoring three goals, would add tenacity and energy to Neil Redfearn’s midfield and will reunited with former Town players Danny Collins, Paul Green and Frazer Richardson at the New York Stadium.
Rotherham host Bristol City in the league on Saturday, while Town kick-off at 12.30pm in their televised clash at The Valley, against Charlton Athletic.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
Town youngsters Josh Emmanuel and Myles Kenlock have also been linked with temporary moves away from Portman Road, to gain first-team experience.