Ipswich Town name strong Under-21s squad for Brentford clash
MASSIMO Luongo will return to Ipswich colours this afternoon after being named in the Blues Under-21s squad for the trip to Brentford.
The midfielder’s name was an unexpected addition for Spurs Under-21s – with Luongo allowed to play for his parent club if he is not included in Town’s matchday squad.
He forms part of a strong-looked Ipswich development side which also includes Arran Lee-Barrett, Nathan Ellington, Jack Ainsley and Bilel Mohsni.
Elliott Hewitt, who is yet to make a first-team appearance due to injury, and Byron Lawrence have also been included, with the match kicking off at 3pm at Griffin Park.
The Bees have won their last four fixtures in the Under-21s league.
You may also want to watch:
Squad: Ainsley, Berkane, Burke, Clarke, Ellington, Hammond, Hewitt, Lawrence, Lee-Barrett, Luongo, Marriott, Marsdon, Mohsni, October, Timlin, Whight, Winter.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week