Ipswich Town: New kits leaked on Twitter
- Credit: Archant
Images of Ipswich Town’s brand-new replica kits have been leaked on Twitter prior to Friday night’s official launch at the club’s Planet Blue store.
TeamCard holders, including all season ticket holders, Silver members and Junior Blues were to be given exclusive viewings and opportunities to buy the new shirts, but screen shots from the club’s ‘Ipswich Player’ channel were acquired by the Football League’s official mobile phone app and published this morning.
Town’s Retail Manager, Lee Hyde, said: “It’s frustrating that a technical issue through no fault of our own has caused us to release the new kits ahead of schedule.
“We were made aware that the kits had been leaked online via Twitter and although frustrating, the feedback we have received from supporters has been very positive.
“So far the fans seem to really like the kit and it is great to see such a positive response.
You may also want to watch:
“Lots of planning went into the scheduled launch evening on Friday at Planet Blue and we will still be going ahead with that, with TeamCard holders and Season Ticket holders having the first chance to purchase the new home shirt on the night of the event.”
The home kit will be available for all Ipswich fans to buy from the club store and the Ipswich Town stand at the Suffolk Show on May 29.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
The away and goalkeeper kits will be released on general sale on June 27.
The home kit is blue with white sleeves and a red trim, while the away shirt is red with black sleeves.
Both kits are manufactured by Mitre and have Marcus Evans’ logo displayed on the front.
Scott Loach, Luke Hyam, Frank Nouble, Tommy Smith and Luke Chambers were among the players modelling the kits.
What do you think of the kits?
Will you be buying them? Let us know: email@example.com