Ipswich Town offer a three-year season ticket
- Credit: Archant
IPSWICH Town supporters convinced that Mick McCarthy will bring success to Portman Road can today sign up for a set-price three-year season ticket.
Renewal packs – containing a message from owner Marcus Evans – should land on fans’ doormats over the next couple of days.
For those paying online or automatically renewing via Direct Debits, prices have been frozen for the third successive year and the seventh time in 11 years.
It means that the average cost a season ticket holder will continue to pay is £14.70 a match.
There is no guarantee that prices will not rise over the coming years though as clubs will only be able to spend what they bring in once Financial Fair Play rules kick in.
So as an incentive to commit over a longer period, Town fans can make sure they get the next three seasons at the current price if they pay the entire amount by the early bird deadline of midday, April 12.
With the Blues just four points above the Championship drop zone with eight games to go, the prices are set – regardless of what division the team will be playing in next season.
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 3 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 6 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 7 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 8 Torquay sign two released Ipswich Town players
- 9 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 10 'I'll do whatever's in my power' - Ball makes vow to Ipswich Town fans
The average attendance for league games at Portman Road has dropped steadily over the last decade, falling from 25,351 in 2002/03 to 16,891 this season. That places the club 12th in the Championship’s average attendance table.
<Season ticket facts>
– Prices have been frozen for the third successive year and seventh time in 11 years.
– That only applies to those paying online or automatically renewing by Direct Debit. A small charge will apply to those paying via alternative methods.
– Payments can be spread out over 12 monthly payments.
– Those aged 11 or below can again purchase a season ticket for £10.
– The average price a season ticket holder pays per match is £14.70.
– Season ticket holders in the lower Sir Bobby Robson Stand, for example, will save £200 compared to those buying matchday tickets in that area.
– A three-year season ticket has been introduced. All three seasons will be at the current price, but the entire payment must be made up front by April 12.
– See the official club website www.itfc.co.uk for more information.