Ipswich Town offer a three-year season ticket
- Credit: Archant
IPSWICH Town supporters convinced that Mick McCarthy will bring success to Portman Road can today sign up for a set-price three-year season ticket.
Renewal packs – containing a message from owner Marcus Evans – should land on fans’ doormats over the next couple of days.
For those paying online or automatically renewing via Direct Debits, prices have been frozen for the third successive year and the seventh time in 11 years.
It means that the average cost a season ticket holder will continue to pay is £14.70 a match.
There is no guarantee that prices will not rise over the coming years though as clubs will only be able to spend what they bring in once Financial Fair Play rules kick in.
You may also want to watch:
So as an incentive to commit over a longer period, Town fans can make sure they get the next three seasons at the current price if they pay the entire amount by the early bird deadline of midday, April 12.
With the Blues just four points above the Championship drop zone with eight games to go, the prices are set – regardless of what division the team will be playing in next season.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 6 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 7 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 8 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 9 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 10 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
The average attendance for league games at Portman Road has dropped steadily over the last decade, falling from 25,351 in 2002/03 to 16,891 this season. That places the club 12th in the Championship’s average attendance table.
<Season ticket facts>
– Prices have been frozen for the third successive year and seventh time in 11 years.
– That only applies to those paying online or automatically renewing by Direct Debit. A small charge will apply to those paying via alternative methods.
– Payments can be spread out over 12 monthly payments.
– Those aged 11 or below can again purchase a season ticket for £10.
– The average price a season ticket holder pays per match is £14.70.
– Season ticket holders in the lower Sir Bobby Robson Stand, for example, will save £200 compared to those buying matchday tickets in that area.
– A three-year season ticket has been introduced. All three seasons will be at the current price, but the entire payment must be made up front by April 12.
– See the official club website www.itfc.co.uk for more information.