Meet the stars and watch them train: Everything you need to know about the Ipswich Town Open Day
- Credit: Gregg Brown
It’s one of the highlights of the pre-season calendar – here’s your guide to the Ipswich Town Open Day.
What, when and where?
The Ipswich Town Open Day 2019 will be held at Portman Road on Thursday, July 25.
Gates are set to open at 9.15am, with some 5,000 fans expected to attend. The event ends at 2pm.
Can I meet the players?
You may also want to watch:
Yes indeed - the Open Day is all about fans being able to meet and chat to the players, get autographs and those all-important selfies.
The signing session starts at 9.45am.
- 2 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 7 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 8 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
Is there an open training session?
Yes - fans can watch their heroes train on the hallowed Portman Road turf on what looks set to be a fantastic sunny day.
The training session is set to start at 11am.
Who will be there?
There is no definitive list of players who will be there, but it's expected the vast majority of the first team and boss Paul Lambert will be in attendance.
Star attractions will likely be Lambert, new signings James Norwood, Tomas Holy and Luke Garbutt, plus fan favourites skipper Luke Chambers and keeper Bartosz Bialkowski.
What else is there to do?
In addition to the players, the Blues' Fanzone will have plenty of other fun on offer.
There will be face-painting and balloon modelling, plus the chance to meet the Ipswich Town Women and Ipswich Witches speedway stars and plenty more besides.
How much does it cost?
The Open Day is absolutely free to attend.
Take some cash though, just in case you want to buy any food or drink!
What will the weather be like?
One word - hot!
Thursday is expected to be one of the hottest days of the current heatwave, with highs of 32C predicted - so make sure you have sun cream and plenty to drink!
You can pick up a special Ipswich Star goody bag at the open day, including a copy of the paper, an Ipswich Town foam finger, Kings of Anglia magazine, sweets, crisps and water for just £2.
We will also be selling our Elmer sticker albums for a discounted price of £3.