Cook's first press conference: New Town boss on aims, style, takeover rumours and his squad
- Credit: Zoom
Paul Cook hosted his first press conference since being appointed as Ipswich Town manager this afternoon.
The former Wigan boss was named as Paul Lambert's replacement on Tuesday afternoon before watching from the stands as his new side came from behind to beat Accrington Stanley 2-1 that evening.
Cook met caretaker manager Matt Gill earlier in the day before speaking to the players ahead of the match, at half-time and then again after the final whistle at the Wham Stadium.
He took training for the first time this morning alongside new first-team coach Gary Roberts, before speaking to the media and supporters for the first time this afternoon.
You can follow it all with us right here from 2.30pm.
His first official game in charge is at Gillingham on Saturday.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 4 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 10 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job