Town’s potential EFL Trophy opponents narrowed down to just four ahead of draw
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town are through to the last 32 of the EFL Trophy.
The Blues' 1-0 loss at Colchester on Tuesday night means Paul Lambert's men ultimately finished second in Group I behind the U's, but they had already done enough following victories over Tottenham's Under 21s and Gillingham to secure safe passage through to the knockout stage.
Finishing second means Ipswich are guaranteed to play away from home in the next round, with matches due to take place in the first week of December.
The draw for the last 32 is being made at 2pm on Saturday, with Ipswich facing one of the other seven group winners. They can't play Colchester again.
Ahead of the draw, the Blues' list of potential opponents has been cut from seven to four, with Lambert's men now set to face either Exeter City, Bristol Rovers, MK Dons or Peterborough.
The Blues are now four wins away from reaching a Wembley final.
Ipswich Town's potential EFL Trophy opponents
- 1 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 2 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 3 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 4 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 5 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 7 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 8 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 9 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 10 Hot ticket for what could be a big night... AFC Wimbledon v Ipswich