Ipswich Town set to sign Bolton winger Liam Feeney on loan
- Credit: PA
Manager Mick McCarthy has revealed he is set to sign Bolton winger Liam Feeney on loan on Thursday.
Feeney, formally of Salisbury, Bournemouth and Millwall, is out of contract at the Macron at the end of the season and is set to move on following the departure of manager Neil Lennon today.
McCarthy was impressed with the winger’s display during the Blues’ 2-2 draw with Bolton on Tuesday night and revealed a deal will be completed on Thursday, keeping him at Portman Road until the end of the season.
“He’s at Ipswich, I’ve just seen him, we’ll be signing him on Thursday, it’ll be done,” McCarthy said.
“I’d never seen him play up front before but I thought he was different class last Tuesday, I thought he played really well.
You may also want to watch:
“He can play either side, he’s got real pace, he can stretch the team, stretch the pitch and he’s an experienced Championship player, so that’s a good one for us that.”
• Update - Feeney has now signed for ITFC, more here
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future