McCarthy confirms signing of French defender Goteni
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have completed the signing of young French defender Chris Goteni.
The teenager has been playing for Saint-Apollinaire in the fifth tier of French football, but has signed a deal until the end of the season after impressing during a trial at Town’s Playford Road base.
Goteni was at ASPTT Dijon until last summer, with McCarthy revealing his arrival after the Blues’ 1-0 victory over Leeds.
“He’s joined us until the end of the season with an option. He came and trained with the first team and did alright.
“He played in a practice match the other day and was awful, but I’d seen enough in the training.”
You may also want to watch:
Goteni’s deal at Portman Road includes an option for an extension.
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 4 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 5 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 6 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 7 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 8 A14 closed after serious crash between van and car
- 9 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 10 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident