Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- Credit: Ipswich Town
Ipswich Town have signed 6ft 5ins striker Tete Yengi on a free transfer from Australian A-League outfit Newcastle Jets.
The 20-year-old Australian has been named on the bench for Kieron Dyer's Town U23 side as they host Bristol City at Playford Road this afternoon.
Yengi, who can also play as a left-sided forward or attacking midfielder, has signed a one-year deal at Town, with the club having the option of a further 12 months.
First teamers Toto Nsiala, Louie Barry and Kayden Jackson all start for the U23 side.
Town U23: Ridd, Alexander, Nsiala, Baggott, Clements, Healy, Humphreys, Chirewa, Siziba, Barry, Jackson.
Subs: Cullum, Stewart, Yengi, Morris, Ward.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast