Ipswich Town stopper keeping his standards high: Luke Chambers
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
LUKE Chambers believes Town are in safe hands with either Stephen Henderson or Scott Loach in goal, but has also reserved special praise for third-choice stopper, Arran Lee-Barrett.
Once again, Lee-Barrett has found his opportunities limited at Portman Road this season and has yet to make a first-team appearance.
However, the 28-year-old has knuckled down to the task and Chambers insists the former Hartlepool ‘keeper will be ready and able should he be called upon to play before the end of the season.
“Stephen (Henderson) and Scott (Loach) have both done very well when they have played and it is great to have them in the side,” said Blues defender, Chambers.
“But we have Arran Lee-Barrett as well and he is working so hard.
You may also want to watch:
“It must be very difficult to continue to do that when you are not playing but he has been putting extra hours in, in training, and his game has come on no end.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 10 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road